One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

There is something really cool about getting to work way before anyone else does. I don't really know why I like it, but I do. It's all quiet, I can listen to whatever I want and even sing along...wait, I do that during the day anyway. Oh well, maybe it's just the quiet.

Pop's had a doctors appointment yesterday. I'm not really sure about what to say. We learned a few things.

1. They aren't going to drain any fluid off him (he's gained 14 pounds in fluid in less than 2 weeks) because they feel like that will invite more problems. As with any transplant situation, if the patient is infected in any way (even a cold), they are off the list. Can't afford to have him be off that list--not even for a day.

2. Dr. R said that it could really be ANY time now. At any moment. I hate to say it, but I am perking up over hearing about fatal or critical auto accidents--and hoping they are donors. I know, it's bad--although I rationalize it by saying that I don't pray for someone to die--only that whomever should die (and they will--we all have our times) is an organ donor if not for my daddy's sake, then for someone elses.

3. The feel that they can "patch" him back together, i.e, medication changes, possible short hospital stays and whatnot, for a few more months. I'm not sure how to take that--and quite frankly, I don't want to think about it.

I think we're in the home stretch, I really do. An you can take that for what it's worth. I believe god will work it out, one way or another. It may not be what we want, but it will be a resolution...and I think it's coming. Either way, an end is in sight in the next few months. I hope that doesn't read as cold--but when someone you love is sick and in pain and just tired of being sick and tired..you kinda hope for an end, no matter what the end is.

Now that I've cried at my work desk before 8 a.m., I need some coffee :(